Just in case you need a reminder of WHY Dry January is good for you, here are some benefits of leaving alcohol out for the rest of month:
- Improved health. For most, kicking alcohol leads to weight loss, better sleep, and increased energy. It can also reduce the risk of developing certain health conditions, such as liver disease, cancer, and heart disease.
- Increased productivity. Alcohol impairs cognitive function and reduce productivity. By abstaining from alcohol, you may find that you are more focused and able to get more done. A chance to get things done around the house, yes please!
- More money. Alcohol can be expensive, and not drinking for a month can help you save money. Maybe you can splurge on something you had your eye on, or just tally up what your bar tab usually is for the month to see what you saved.
- Improved relationships: Alcohol can contribute to conflict or tension in relationships. Taking a break from drinking can help you improve your relationships and communication with others. Pull out the cribbage board and connect that way instead.
- Enhanced mental health: For some people, alcohol can worsen symptoms of anxiety and depression. Abstaining from alcohol can help improve mental health and well-being. 2022 was a hard year on most of us, a little boost to our brain can only be a good thing.
- A sense of accomplishment: Completing the challenge of not drinking for a month can give you a sense of accomplishment and boost your confidence. If you know me, I like to set goals, but I like to win even more.
Even if this month is dragging by, your body and mind are thankful. Keep sipping on our selection of non-alcoholic brews & making good choices. Cheers!